Confirmed: Mount Gordo Ghost. Check out this scary and yet true ghost story on Grand Theft Auto 5
|Closeup shot of the ghost at Mount Gordo (with the words ghost on it)|
|Here is an unaltered picture of the ghost at Mount Gordo|
You know, remember back in the day when Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was out (long before GTA 4 and 5), the game was full of paranormal myths and legends, including but not limited to:
1. Bigfoot sightings on Mount Chillad (which I doubt as I have been up that mountain many times in that game, even on foot and never seen any sign of bigfoot, at least not in the Xbox version).
2. Ghost in CJ's house (I haven't been able to verify that rumor either in the Xbox version).
3. The suicidal photographer at the Flint Intersection, which was one of the few I was able to confirm. In the Flint intersection area of the game, instead of taking the freeway, you should drive the side road that goes along the waterfront there (preferably at night) and you will see a person (usually a man) taking several pictures of the ocean and after a short while, he will walk into the water and seem to drown (which does seem to repeat itself each time you drive by the same spot, which is a bit eerie)
4. The "ghost cars" in the Back and Beyond area which is also true (if you scout out the Back and Beyond area), you should come across a spot where one or two cars seem to roll down the hill by them selves and if you get a closeup look at the cars you will find that there is nobody in them.
And many others.
Anyways, after San Andreas and a trip to Liberty City (which feels almost like you are in New York City) in the GTA 4 era games, Grand Theft Auto 5 takes you right back the Los Santos area (a modified version of San Andreas) and as with San Andreas, GTA 5 does have its' myths and legends. One myth that I checked out myself and was able to confirm was the Mount Gordo ghost. The mountain is near the northeast corner of the game map (just south east of Paleto Bay and is actually right off the freeway connecting Los Santos with Paleto Bay) is a good sized area to explore. There are no roads that go directly into the mountains mainly just trails and terrain, so you have to go on foot to check out this one (though you can use motorcycles to reach the top of the mountain too). By the way, when exploring Mount Gordo I recommend brining a handy gun with you since there are cougars (aka mountain lions) on the mountain and they will attack you at random while exploring Mount Gordo (usually you will hear a growling sound and see a red blip on the map when a cougar is nearby). On Mount Gordo there is an area around the peak of the mountain that overlooks a lighthouse on the far east side of the mountain and it is around that spot where the ghost appears (it is hard to really explain it without showing you, so I will share a random youtube video about the ghost down below for more info). By the way, to skeptics out there, I was skeptical about the ghost too but after exploring the mountain I came across the ghost too.
Here is how you find the ghost.
- It appears that the ghost only appears for a short window of time (between 23:00 and 0:00 game time). Outside of that range she disappears and you will have to wait till the next night during those hours before you can look for her again.
- The ghost does disappear if you get too close to her (though you can see what looks like blood on the rock she hovers around), so you will have to view her from a distance. BTW, if you have a sniper rifle, you can actually zoom in on her and shooting her does nothing (the bullets just go through her and she doesn't chase you or anything). Alternatively you can also snap a photo of her using the snap o matic feature on the ingame phone (if you have a social club account at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/, you can also share the photo too).
- Watch out for cougars while scourng the area in the game and be sure to bring a handy gun with you (even a good pistol can do) as cougarss do seem to have a presence there and they will attack your character randomly (happened to me several times while on the mountain as Franklin, luckily my guy had some guns and able to take them out quickly). You will hear a growl when a cougar is nearby and is coming in for the attack (also, if a cougar gets too close it will lunge at your character, killing him instantly earning your character a trip to a nearby hospital).
By the way as promised here is the video below. By the way, this is the only confirmed ghost story I am aware of in GTA 5. I like to think there might be other ghost stories in the game (it is a big map after all), but this is the only one I am aware of (feel free to correct me if I am wrong though in the comments section below). Also, there are aliens and ufos in the game too. One funny encounter with aliens I had in the game is where I was playing as Michael and did this side mission where he took some drugs (yes, Michael, Trevor and Franklin can all do drugs in the game at their safehouses with humorous effects) and did this hallucinatione trip where he had this mini gun and had to gun down aliens that were attacking (they look like the ones from aliens vs predator), but I can get into that more on a later post).
Well that is all for now and hope you liked this post. Feel free to leave a comment below. BTW, if you know of other paranormal related events in GTA 5 or similar games, feel free to share them in the comments section below.
By the way are you missing out on Grand Theft Auto 5 and/or GTA online and want to get in on the action? Be sure to pick up a copy of the game and you can get in on the action almost right away. Here are the links for both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions. There doesn't seem to be a version for the Xbox One or PS4 at this time though so you will need an Xbox 360 or PS 3 (unless if Xbox One or PS4 have backwards compatability, which I don't know if they do or not).