Featured Content from Ebay


Saturday, January 16, 2016

My history as video gamer part 2: the 1990's (work in progress)

Ah, the 1990s.  It doesn't feel too long ago when those 2 decades came and went.  The 1990's and 2000's definitely brought lots of changes in my life and game systems have changed dramatically in those 10 years.  Interestingly, I would end up moving 4 different times during that decade.  It was also the decade when I spent the vast majority of my schooling years, starting with 2nd grade back in 1990 and ending with my sophomore year in high school (though I also went to college for about 6 years, so I didn't fully finish my schooling career till 2007).  

(coming soon): Mallard Drive house in Illinois

(coming soon):  my former homes in Silver Firs then and now pictures

Where do I begin when it comes to the 1990's?  I definitely saw lots of changes in my life during those 10 years.  Back in 1990, I was still living on Timber Lane near Lindenhurst, Illionis and I would live in that home till I was in 3rd grade.  After that, we moved to our second home on Mallard Drive (just across street where my old friend, Matt Bleich used to live, though he ended up moving to Florida many years later).  1991 was the year whem my other brother, Justin was born (November 1, 1991).  I remember me and Brett spent the night with him downstairs that night.  Video game wise, I still had the regular NES and it wasn't till christmas of 1993 till I upgraded to the Sega Genesis (though also got the Sega Game Gear maybe about a year or 2 before that).  By the way, who here was a Sonic the Hedgehog fan?  I remember playing through Sonic the Hedgehogs 1-3 as well as sonic and knuckles.  Even remember doing Sonic CD, Knuckles Chaotix on the 3DX and eventually Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 on the Sega Dreamcast.  While there are plenty of games I liked on the Super Nintendo (like Super Mario World, Castlevania Dracula X, Mega Man X, and Contra 3) I ended up getting a Sega Genesis instead.  Back then, I did not have a job, so I usually had to rely on "Santa Claus" (aka mom and dad) to buy the games or systems I wanted for me.    

(work in progress)

Brief highlights of the 1990's (which I will expand on later):
- Getting the Sega Geneis (16 bit days), though eventually I would also get the Sega CD and 32 X add ons as well
- Birth of my other brother, Justin (back in 1991)
- Going to Florida and Disneyworld twice
- Moving to the Seattle area (1994) and living in 2 different houses in Silver Firs 
- Moving to Snohomish (current house I live in)
- Middle School and High School years
- Experience with the Nintendo 64, sony playstation, and Sega Dreamcast
- Going to Canada for the first time (field trip to Vancouver, BC)
and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment